Happy 2013 writer folks! And what a busy start of the year it has been! I’ve barely had a chance to have some time to myself – needless to say that my writing had taken a stand still. Until now, that is. I’m back to inserting writing into my routine:
- on my train ride to/from work
- during lunch breaks
- throughout various times at home.
As you continue to write as well, I hope you’ll find great inspiration throughout your days to construct meaningful writing. Remember that developing a routine helps, but if that’s difficult for you to do, try to bring a notebook with you at all times to write down anything that comes to mind. And remember, there are different parts of the writing process that count:
- taking research notes
- people watching and jotting down movements/action
- listening in on conversations to gather information for character traits/personalities
- watching movies to determine how plot lines are connected
- having a conversation with someone else in the role of your characters to see how a scene plays out
- anything else you find helpful that you want to share?
(image taken from google images)